Did You Know – When Love Blooms at the Office, Part 2
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Task Force on the Study of Harassment in the Workplace made several recommendations that we should be sure to consider:
- Mid-level and Line Managers should be responsible for preventing harassment and it should be included in their performance review
- Social media considerations should be included in your harassment policies
- You MUST offer multiple methods and contacts where complaints can be filed – no more “requiring” them to be in writing
- Include training middle and line managers in appropriate responses
- Consider including training in civility
The Task Force was actually reconvened in June, 2018 in response to the #metoo movement and it’s impact on Workplace Harassment.
Not sure if your policy is up-to-date? Shoot us an email and we’ll help you figure it all out and avoid unnecessary drama!
All the best ~ Karen