"It's OK to Say... You're Fired!"
If someone is not performing to your expectations and they are unable to make their position understood then my question back to you is WHY are they still working for you? If you've done your job as a Leader, it IS ok to say..."You're fired."
Be sure you can answer these questions so you're confident:
- Were expectations crystal clear?
- Does my documentation truly put the employee on notice?
- What have we done before? Is this consistent OR can I document why it's different?
- Have I removed as much emotion from the decision as possible? I can state affirmatively that this is the best decision for the business?
- Can I defend my decision to my boss?
- Am I prepared to move forward quickly?